Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Winter

My boys have Spring Fever...


I have Spring Fever...


Alas, the high for today is 40 degrees, and we need some exercise and fresh air.  I can tell because lately the boys are bickering more than usual, and that makes me annoyed more often.

I'm not sure what to do about the fresh air, but I've got an idea for some exercise!

Enter - Cosmic Kids Yoga!

I discovered Jaime several years ago, and her videos are amazing.  Not only does she get your kids doing yoga poses, but she entertains them with a fun story at the same time. She makes silly noises, sings crazy songs, and pulls funny faces, and the kids just love it.  There are fun pictures in the background, but not so much that they take centerstage.  This isn't the average screen time.  She says that her focus is "yoga, mindfulness, stories and relaxation.... [getting] kids moving, relaxing, and learning simple lessons for a happy life".  I don't have a problem with any of that!

Anyway, we've done it quite a bit over the years, not daily but enough for the boys to know several poses and to feel comfortable doing it.

I definitely recommend her videos as a break from winter boredom and a great way to move your body!




You-Tube is actually a great resource with activities to get those little bodies moving!  There are dancing videos, workout for kids videos, and games like "Going on a Bear Hunt".  Here's a few that we like to do.





Make sure to dance and play with your kids!  It's a great way to get a little exercise and make your kids happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment